When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

krazikev

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is this a real vintage Flying pigeon Chinese bike or is it a remake ? Please see the rear hub and the plastic rear hub shifter cable gaurd that's what throwing me off the pedals are plastic but most likely changed , any details please thanks

Screenshot_20231128-082816.png

Screenshot_20231128-082759.png

Screenshot_20231128-082751.png

Screenshot_20231128-082807.png

It looks like a Flying Pigeon with a few changes. I'm not sure there are really "remakes". These bikes have been produced since the 1930s, in the hundreds of millions. Looks like a modern type internal gear hub with coaster brake, probably an aftermarket improvement to make it more rideable. The drive side pedal doesn't look right to me, but that's an easy swap. Looks like an aftermarket Greenfield type kickstand. Not sure about the basket, you see all kinds of different baskets on them. Buying a Flying Pigeon because you want a Flying Pigeon as a significant historical bike is fine, but if you're just looking for a rod brake roadster, you're usually better off buying a secondhand 1960s or 70s common type Raleigh DL-1. Flying Pigeon spare parts are plentiful in China but finding stuff that matches them in the US or UK is much harder. They are somewhat notorious for using non-standard parts.

Last edited:
Back