When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need ID on 3Gill Tank!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That tank is no Snyder, it's a CWC
You can differentiate the years by the horn button, and also the bolts on the tank.
Prewar 3 gills had the riveted button on the top left side, and the battery tray was welded.
Early postwar 3 gills had big button in the center of the left side of the tank (removable horn unit), or no horn at all.
Late postwar 3 gills from about 49 and onward, had a smaller horn button on the top right of the tank, with removable horn unit.

This is a MASSIVE help. Ive been searching for a (suffix) Cw frame and thise start at '47, where my tank is between 44 and 47, so likely without.

I have several variations of frames being offered to me, some with the oval chainguard hole in the dropout, some without. Some with badges..some without.

Can you provide me an Image of the frame/s (without a tank in them) thatll fit my early past war 3gill?

I have serval ideas and Im SO close..
I must have four people showing me eight different frames in three or four different variations., in addition to trying to match them up to images Ive found with abd without tanks to sort of Eyeball the middle bars curvature against my tank as I hold it.. obviously not the most accurate method.

Anything of the above inquiry in this reply and more would be Amazing.
I cant tell you how much I appreciate this article of knowledge I wasnt aware of prior.

I knew it was CWC, the gills are placed different, the lean..and Ive seen enough Cleveland Roadmasters to peg it for that much.. but the era range and differences are new news to me. Thats great!

Erin

looks like this one I have

View attachment 664563

Yes, just like that. I actually have an image of your bike in the references Ive been matching up as mentioned in the above reply to 'Marig'.
It was definitely one of two of the closest. Can I get pics of your dropouts close up and if you have one, a pic without the tank in for reference to the bar shape? (Maybe an SN number just for kicks?)
Thanks so much for your reply!

Erin

My OG 41! Should help clear things up.

43652032_1947389225564437_2950886439249772544_n.jpg

Back