When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need idea on bicycle stand

-

Savinsam

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm still new at this stuff! I've restored my 26" balloon Higgins bike. What can I use to hold it upright for displaying, other than its kickstand? Homemade simple device or ready made one I can purchase. Thanks!

100_4050.JPG

I'm curious as to why you want to use something other than the kick stand? Is it to keep the kickstand pristine? Just interested more than anything.

My original kickstand lets the bike lean more than I like. I'm afraid it will tip over with people around it, whereas a stand should will keep it upright and be more stable. We will see!

You could make a sturdy and cheap stand out of PVC pipe then spray paint it the same color aas your bike.

Good point. I have some that do the same. The reason I ask is I made some kickstand "protectors" because I have a lot of moisture, especially in the winter, on my garage floor. After finishing a few bikes I didn't want the kickstands rusting. I've seen some people drill holes in golf balls or other methods to cover the stands. This obviously doesn't work to keep the bike vertical.

IMG_2640.JPG

Back