When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info? 1965 Jordan Marsh Girls Space Bike W Special Order Troxel Banana Seat(Astro, Meteor, Speed, Strato, Spaceliner, Fleetwing, Flight Liner)

-

MrCrazyHair

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is the sister/wife bike of the Astro Flite I picked up. Guy picked this from same barn and from same year. They must have bought a boy and girls bike in Christmas 1964-65. Missing tank so far but he may end up having it.
Seems to be a difficult bike to research. Not much info on these out there. Anyone know anything about Jordan Marsh Bikes by Murray from 1964-65
numbers MOY 55x28
Chainguard seems to say Explor**. Still havent nailed down the name of the bike. Troxel seat seems to be original. Most likely special ordered this way. Cant seem to find the catalog page from X-Mas 64.
Any Info would be Great, Thanks
1630282525445.png

1630282553135.png

1630282593193.png

1630282619268.png

I seriously doubt that seat came on the bike originally. I’ve never seen one of these with a factory banana seat. V/r Shawn

I seriously doubt that seat came on the bike originally. I’ve never seen one of these with a factory banana seat. V/r Shawn
Yeah i thought that as well. Then i realized this from research. The bike is murray built and came from Jordan Marsh Department store.
Jordan Marsh was all about the Customer is Always Right. I believe they special ordered it this way with a seat for a Fleetwing Tigercat or whatever was in 1964 xmas catalog? (Couldnt find those pages) It is period correct Troxel that matches the color and has the official Troxel Banana Seat sticker. Both came from same barn and seem to be as original as it gets. Either way, i think it looks cool on it. Im picking up a kids / girls bike later today that matches the set. Ill add that image as well. Excited about it. Hopefully I can find a TigerCat or WildCat from this period to complete a Family Set! :)
Man that one Astro Flite Space Bike got me hooked on old bikes. Was thinking of posting my vintage Burton snowboard setup with board bindings boots and carrying bag all Burton for a barter on something older. We will see how it goes.
Thanks for the info, all is appreciated.

Back