When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info on old Jaguar

-

mrak1127

Look Ma, No Hands!
Anybody is welcome to tell me what you observe from these pics of a Jaguar I have an chance to buy. Sorry for the ratty pics but please tell me what you think and give me some idea of what it might be worth.
Thanks much!

P1030758.JPG

P1030759.JPG

P1030760.JPG

P1030761.JPG

P1030762.JPG

Here is a better pic of it but sorry still not the best. He wants $600 for it. I haven't seen the bike yet to check the serial number. I'm thinking it might be a 1955 Jag...seat doesn't look original though. Feel free to offer opinions and observations
Thanks

P1030766.JPG

Front fender light and seat never came on a Jaguar. The chain guard has the decal from the balloon tire version, except the balloon tire chain guard was always one color. This could have been a middleweight Jaguar "restored" with a lot of stray parts, many of which could be re-pops. Like @phantom said, a rider.

1955 Jags did not have tanks, and they did not have the pinstripe decal on the seat tube like the one it has. That is the seat tube decal from 1959-1962. The frame and chainguard are the real 1955 Jag deal, but everything else is wrong. Middleweight wheels and fenders, and the fender light is wrong. Correct 1955 Jags were balloon tired bikes and were usually 3 speeds. That is a pieced together bike.

Back