When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Info on pedal thread dimensions for late 1890s Lozier Cleveland

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wildeman

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am starting to realize the enormous amount of brainpower on this list so I feel certain some here can steer me in the right direction. This is for what people here have helped me to determine is a late 1890s Lozier Cleveland rear steer tandem. I am hoping they are the 9/16" type so I can al least put something on it so I can ride it until I find the correct pedals. If anyone has the correct pedals for sale please contact me.

Thanks much! Do you know if the originals were the rat trap metal style or were they the ones with the rubber blocks.

I am aware that there were some TOC bicycles that used only right hand 1/2" thread. Do you know if this bike would be like that. Hoping not since it is a tandem and I would have to buy four sets of pedals to get two sets that would bolt on.

That's great news! One last question and I won' bother you again for a while. Do people ever take the center shaft out one and put it in another. Are there a great number of different lengths shafts from one manufacturer to another. Also aren't the shafts hardened so you could not take a 9/16" one and have it turned down to a 1/2" one, correct?

Yes you could take the shaft out of one of the same make. But like you said all kinds of different lengths and style. Mens and ladies pedals are different lengths also on some makes .

I have a his 'n her pair of 1899 Lozier Clevelands with original pedals. They are "quill" type. I can take pics later today if someone doesn't post pics first. The bad news is correct pedals are almost impossible to find and often incredibly expensive. Also, I was warned by a builder / collector that any two single bike pedals you find will be different from each other so it's difficult to find missing end caps that match or mix 'n match parts.

Usually, the right pedal has normal thread and the left is reverse thread - Google Sheldon Brown bicycle pedals for a thorough explanation of thread, etc.

Back