When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info on savage badged rollfast with Harris/ snyder crank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Handyandy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Greetings everyone here at the cabe. I have questions I'm fairly new to antique balloon tyre bicycles but not to the world of antiques. I recently had this bicycle pictured below come into work. I work at a waste transfer station so you can imagine my surprise and excitement when this came out of a garbage truck no worse for wear than when it was put in the truck. I'm no expert but it appears 90% complete and 100% original. Any info would be greatly appreciated as I can find nothing on the savage badged bicycle except a patent date and the history of snyder/harris and of rollfast.

There was a San Francisco company, like Pacific, Hamilton and Baker(?), that used a “Savage” head badge.
Might be a 1933-U, north bay area bike.

Last edited:
We can help half-fix the politically incorrect but cool and collectable head badge.

…just kidding!

I would leave the badge where it is; even Snyder/D.P. Harris (Rollfast) badges are not perfectly interchangeable with the ones used by some hardware/supply stores.

Last edited:
Yes, an early 30's Snyder-made bicycle as you mentioned with a cool Politically Incorrect "Savage" badge. Mostly complete as a bonus.
Thanks bluebird. Its definitely a serviceable bicycle any idea what year it would be or value.

As AS mentioned, 1933-ish, 31,32 maybe. 28" wheels and narrow crowned early Snyder fork. The Savage badge needs to stay but it could have been any of many Snyder/DP Harris horizontal hole badges that they stuck on their head tubes for different customers. A survivor bike as they say.

Last edited:
I have every intention of leaving it in as found condition. It would be a fun project for someone who has the time. Unfortunately that's not me I have considered donating the bicycle or possibly selling it....leaning more towards the donation of it.

Whoever threw the bike in the trash might not have known what they were doing.
So this is a 28” motobike, with the then-obsolescent single tube or tubeless tires.
Modern 622mm wheels/rims and tires will fit these old bicycles. A tank-toolbox like that one alone might sell for $300- any day; maybe similar for the saddle-seat or headlight. See the motorbike era thread.

Last edited:
Back