When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need info: Supre-Macy Sprint bicycle, Macy's Own Brand!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is a unique 50's, 60's era Supre-Macy Sprint bicycle that was made it in Italy as "Macy's Own Brand". I haven't seen one before and can't find anything on it, so I need your help with any information you can provide, especially who made it for Macy's.

20210420_195223.jpg

20210420_195230.jpg

20210420_195241.jpg

20210420_195254.jpg

20210420_195328.jpg

20210420_195337.jpg

That bike is amazingly well preserved and it's the first I've seen or heard of. Thanks for posting!

Nice! I wonder how long Macy's was selling bikes. Should clean up nicely and give some enjoyment!

That bike is amazingly well preserved and it's the first I've seen or heard of. Thanks for posting!
I have only been able to find mention of one other ladies version Supre-Macy, that is just a bare frame and it's racks, on a YouTube video. The video had no info, it was just showing off the find. I can't even find information on when the Supre-Macy brand was used, but apparently it was also used on radios and sewing machines as well.

Nice! This is one of those chimera bikes built in Europe with an American-style, middleweight, cantilever frame mashed up with European-style lightweight wheels (26 X 1-3/8), 3-piece crank, and stem. This suggests a question on bicycle taxonomy: Is this a middleweight or a lightweight or perhaps a welterweight? While this example has a coaster brake, some of its cousins had 3-speed hubs. The chain ring might be a clue to its origin. (clever chain ring experts, this is your cue)
Have fun!

Welterweight is a good description. This bike is growing on me. Lots of interesting details. That chain guard is cool!

Back