When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need New Air Compressor

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STRADALITE

I live for the CABE
I'm looking into buying a new air compressor. I have this one now but it can't keep up with my blast cabinet.
I'd like at least at a 60 gallon 230/240V unit. Getting the quietest one possible is top priority.
Any thoughts?

image.jpeg

What I have is a 1hp twin cylinder Craftsman 14gal attached to a 30 gal reserve tank. It will actually turn off now for a few seconds instead of running continually.

I kinda looked into this a while ago. Even Ingersoll Rand had Chinese parts. Lots of Sears horror stories on the new ones. I decided when I get one it will be a Quincy.

Don't look at anything less than a two stage air compressor if you have any hope at all of keeping up with a blast cabinet. Something that can generate at least 18 cfm at 90 psi. for continuous blasting at around 70 psi. What you are showing above is not adequate. As far as being quiet, these two stage compressors are about the same. They are all pretty loud. Consider having the compressor in another room and piping in the air supply into the work area. The compressor is in a clean environment and I can actually hear the radio. I would recommend a compressor with a completely cast iron pump assembly. Look to spend anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for a compressor like this.

The smaller the compressor, the more moisture it puts into the air supply.

Oilless compressors are insanely loud but they don't make anything even close to big enough to handle sand blasting for more than a few minutes.

If you get really lucky, you can get a Screw Compressor on Craigslist. Watch for the Quincy brand, they are a reliable favorite for many big shops. They are very expensive new, but comparable in price for a used one vs. new two-stage 80gal, etc. These are much quieter, and the run cooler too, so less condensation in your air lines. I wish I had one, but so far I haven't been lucky enough to find one that I can afford.

My compressor is definitely inadequate which is why I want to replace it.
I don't like to disturb the wife in the house or the neighbors that live too close and I typically use it at night. Therefore I need something quiet.
The screw type are above my budget as well.
I checked out the Quincy compressors. Very nice.
It looks like a big purchase is in the near future.
Thanks everyone.

I hooked up a (wind blower) to mine so when the thing kicks on the blower helps keep the cylinders cooler. Plus I have a regulator and a moisture separator. I ran the bottom drain out the side so I can also drain it easier (and more often). also the 30 gal. reserve tank inlet is at the ceiling so any moisture tends to roll back down the 20'+ galvanized 1/2" pipe thread pipe into the first tank. Reserve tank rarely has moisture in it.

My compressor is definitely inadequate which is why I want to replace it.
I don't like to disturb the wife in the house or the neighbors that live too close and I typically use it at night. Therefore I need something quiet.
The screw type are above my budget as well.
I checked out the Quincy compressors. Very nice.
It looks like a big purchase is in the near future.
Thanks everyone.

nice selection with shipping included in the price

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/tools/80-gallon-2-stage-air-compressors.html?page=2

Back