When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

walter branche

I live for the CABE
do you think it would be outaline to sell all of the letters that leon sent to ben bowden ,when he purchased the bowden bicycles from ben???also some letters from the actor who did the deal ,, i also have many letters from ben and all the people who tried to take advantage of him ... or should i destroy this part of collector history ,, i need some input!!! thanks walter branche

Walter - My "day job" is curator of a motorcycle exhibition, and conservator of a collection of 280 classic, vintage and just plain old motorcycles.

The company I work for began as a bicycle store in Vancouver in 1914. Motorcycles and then automobiles were added over the years, however because it was a family business there is virtually no surviving archival materials, letters, records etc from the early years. This is regretful as the business played a significant role in the history of transportation in B.C. and we are often asked to supply, or confirm, historical details which are assumed to be in our archives but must answer that no archives exist.

I can't comment on whether you should sell the letters, etc. which are now in your care but they should definitely be preserved.

I can't comment on whether you should sell the letters, etc. which are now in your care but they should definitely be preserved.

Yes! Sell them or not, they are yours. BUT PRESERVE THEM!! If you don't want money for them, donate them to a museum.

scan them and make them public, particularly if people were taking advantage of a defenseless old guy..

ben kept notes on everyone who tried to pull there B S on him , i also want too include all the letters he sent to me ,,also his wife mary.. they were some true friends of mine ,,i have a great video of ben signing 10 bowden bikes in one day

The family filled a large dumpster within the first few days of Walter passing. I can't say what was thrown out. The family cleaned out the garage and kept the 61 bicycles that where there. All the bikes have been placed in hands of folks that will either preserve them or ride them.
His personal items and treasures were all gone through. Nothing of value was discarded. All the books where donated to St. Jude in Walter's name. Mike Herman received a lot of Walter's papers and they are on display at his museum.
No Bowden papers were found.

It’s none of my business, but I think Mary is giggling because Walter just pinched her butt !

I remember hearing of a sale of the WPB bicycle collection. But I thought it odd nobody added as to what had been sold . Knowing how collectors keep to there own circles wasn't odd, but knowing Walter ibet he was holding onto some treasures for sure. I would like to hear some of his stories now, but his time passed.. When I die I'm taking all my bikes with me..

Back