When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Opinions on Reproduction Decals

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
All,

I have finally received a quote for the reproduction inner tank labels for Huffy Radiobikes. These will be accurate and correct reproductions of the repair instructions and wiring diagram on the inside of the tank. Many bikes are missing these because the paper stock was almost like that of newspaper. They yellowed, crumbled, and fell apart due to the adhesive being absorbed into the paper and being exposed to the elements. The new ones will be pure white, just as they were in the 1950's, with crisp, clear lettering and pictures. To date, nobody has ever reproduced these. Not even the kit at MLC has this in it.

The samples I have received are not the same type of paper stock. The material is modern label stock, smooth almost like vinyl. Not rough and paper-y like the originals were.

Granted, the new stock IS better quality than what was originally used. If given the choice, would you rather have this printed on the better, modern paper stock or the rough, cruddy original stock if I can source it? Projected sale price is $15 shipped per label with the modern stock.

huffy-radio-bike-350.gif

Last edited:
I don't think it matters a whole lot, being on the inside of the tank. If I had a radio bike I would be happy with the modern version. Especially since it sounds like it will hold up better.

All,

I have finally received a quote for the reproduction inner tank labels for Huffy Radiobikes. These will be accurate and correct reproductions of the repair instructions and wiring diagram on the inside of the tank. Many bikes are missing these because the paper stock was almost like that of newspaper. They yellowed, crumbled, and fell apart due to the adhesive being absorbed into the paper and being exposed to the elements. The new ones will be pure white, just as they were in the 1950's, with crisp, clear lettering and pictures. To date, nobody has ever reproduced these. Not even the kit at MLC has this in it.

The samples I have received are not the same type of paper stock. The material is modern label stock, smooth almost like vinyl. Not rough and paper-y like the originals were.

Granted, the new stock IS better quality than what was originally used. If given the choice, would you rather have this printed on the better, modern paper stock or the rough, cruddy original stock if I can source it? Projected sale price is $15 shipped per label with the modern stock.

View attachment 710186

ill buy one

They are in production. ETA 2 weeks.

I will have them here, on RRB, eBay, and at the Hoosier swap.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back