When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need paint scheme pix

-
T

trackfodder

I am in the middle of re-painting a Schwinn cruiser with the flat blade fork. It has a tall (~5-3/4" ) fork tube and was black with white stripes parallel on the fenders over the rivets and a white steering tube and immediately behind it. I really would like to find a picture of the fork pinstripe pattern and know about how old it is. Is there a guide using the frame number? Thanx for any help.
Keith Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the number and it looks like K975590 but that's too many numbers. It is on the left rear axle slot bracket. That would make it a 1953 if it didn't have 10 times too many numbers. KW

well if it helps i have one of my friends grandfathers b6 that was bought by him in 1952 that has a serial # with 6 digits...
can you post any pics of the paint on the frame/fork now? thatd help in getting some answers....

any how heres a link to the 50's schwinn catalogs...
http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951_1959/index.html
and you can always check nostalgic.net and oldroads.com

Back