When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Recomedations for a Reliable Shipping Service

-

Wildeman

Look Ma, No Hands!
I need to have two bikes, possibly three, shipped starting from Virginia ending in Arizona. Two are museum quality bikes that I do not want dissembled. I am looking for a shipper who has done this before. Enclosed trailer of course.

Roderick Wilde

You will need to build a wood box put it on a pallet and call a trucking company $$$$$$$$$
A bike that is not taken apart will be the cost of 2 pallets to ship. It is all about floor space.
You might find someone that will be taking a vacation and they could drive them out.
Good luck!

uShip is an option. Just be mindful that the person that is transporting your bike that is too valuable to disassemble is bidding for the job. Lowest bidder gets the job. The less profit involved can mean that less attention is paid to safe transport. You get what you pay for with the lowest bid. I used them once for a full show Sherrell. It went OK but the buyer set up the deal and if it went bad it was on him. Truck driver didn't even want to cover up the bike! I duct taped moving blankets all over and took off the pedals in case someone wanted to take a spin. Mailed the pedals separately. No guarantees. Maybe for a large piece of rusty cast iron it might be less stressful

Back