When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help! 1940-41 Huffman La France, Schwinn Breeze, Ross Apollo

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ian M

On Training Wheels
Hey folks! First post, I'm new around here..

I was gifted with a few bikes from my grandmother and know absolutely nothing about them. If there is any way someone can give me the official name of these bikes (mfg and model), year (range), and just a GENERAL idea of what they would be worth as a sale value, it would be much appreciated. Lastly, if anyone has tips on reconditioning these or cleaning them, that would be great too!

Thanks and happy 4th!

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.26.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.26.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.28.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.29.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.29.05 AM.png

Apollo racer is the best of the bunch and has some value. Muscle bike guys will probably comment on this one.

Black bike with foam handle bar wrap and stem shifters bottom line and worth very little.

Schwinn a bit more but I see them all the time unserviced on the local CL with people asking anywhere from $75 to $150....and not getting it. Sold a similar one recently with new tires and all bearings cleaned/repacked, new cables/brake pads, etc. for $75. Yours looks like someone installed road bars on a three speed, why I couldn't guess cause few road bikers like 3 speeds and few 3 speeders like road bars.

To me the Huffman is also low value but people who know may have a different opinion. Clean, lube and ride if this type of bike floats your boat or you have a sentimental attachment.

By the way, always take photos of the drive or right side of bike. Makes id a lot easier.

Apollo racer is the best of the bunch and has some value. Muscle bike guys will probably comment on this one.

Black bike with foam handle bar wrap and stem shifters bottom line and worth very little.

Schwinn a bit more but I see them all the time unserviced on the local CL with people asking anywhere from $75 to $150....and not getting it. Sold a similar one recently with new tires and all bearings cleaned/repacked, new cables/brake pads, etc. for $75. Yours looks like someone installed road bars on a three speed, why I couldn't guess cause few road bikers like 3 speeds and few 3 speeders like road bars.

To me the Huffman is also low value but people who know may have a different opinion. Clean, lube and ride if this type of bike floats your boat or you have a sentimental attachment.

By the way, always take photos of the drive or right side of bike. Makes i.d. a lot easier.

Thanks! I'll keep the thread up and hope someone who knows a thing or two about Huffman's to give me the scoop on that one.

I'm guessing the Ross' are late 70s early 80s bikes. The Schwinn probably a mid 70s but will have a serial number to date it. I agree with Morton's valuations. The Huffman is a post war bike like Brant said. Little value there as it is a base level girls bike. Probably about $200-300 for everything. V/r Shawn

I sure love the colors of that La France. Not valuable, but a beautiful vintage ride under all the dust.

The Apollo has value to the right guy. Lots of incorrect parts, but the frame and fork have very nice original paint. It could be pieced back together easily for an original bike.

the LaFrance is a 46-47. I'm guessing 46 because of the chainguard, but could be either. you can date it by either the numbers on the fork crown or the serial. post both if you can.

Back