When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some help on dating this Columbia

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
72B93A3A-E44B-4BF0-94D6-40AA6FC99828.jpeg
9EA82E5F-A5B5-4F3B-9342-523C290A69D1.jpeg
had this for a long time thought I’d ask what year this would be and is that the correct fork.. it appears to be ballon tire. Any pics of one to see. Thanks

2AC173B0-D7BB-42C4-9494-CCB62E40C211.jpeg

IF it is in fact a ballooner frame, I would say its likely 1934 - 1935. But I'm basing that solely by the style of it. I don't know how to date it by the serial number.

I kinda figured it some where early but I don’t see many Columbia’s so I’m curious on what a complete one looks like.

N would indicate 1935. Make sure you check for an overcode which would be another letter and one or two numbers stamped above the serial code line.

Last edited:
I'll go along w/ 1935. I had two girls Westfield's, 34 & 35. The frames appeared to be made to accommodate either 26" or 28" wheels with just swapping the fork out. Both bikes had a fork w/ three horizontal ribs at the top, under the stem. No photo's.

I looked to see if there are any other prefixes and none to be found.. 1935is late for this frame style. Anyone know if they come with stainless steel fenders? I think this type had the rubber bushing between the rear fender and frame.thanks for the info.

Back