When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Some Help on Worth

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

w00dboarder

On Training Wheels
Hi!

I am wanting to sell my 1970's Schwinn Varsity here in Seattle, WA. She has a smaller sized frame (51-52cm) and is mostly original. One pedal was replaced and new handle bar grip tape was put on. I have read all sorts of old posts and reviewed eBay and whatnot, but the ranges in prices are throwing me off.

Also, I haven't yet taken off the stickers and whatnot but plan on doing that.

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg
IMG_7476.jpeg

$50 to $100. It is in nice shape but Schwinn made millions of them and are not rare or of great value. Couldn't find the picture but I had similar quality blue one and was happy to get $50 for it. Roger

Used bike prices can vary from one area to another. I would agree with Roger's estimate.
To get top dollar, it needs to be clean and in excellent working order, with very good or new tires and tubes.
You're probably not going to get much, if any, collector interest. It's more of an everyday rider than than a collectible bike.

I'd recommend looking on your local Craigslist and FB marketplace and see what other people in your area are asking for similar bikes, and price yours accordingly as a starting point. If you happen to be in or near a college town, there may be a better market for it.

Back