When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some pedals for a Jamis

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
Folks, I just picked up a mid '80's Jamis Boss "Sand Jam" for my daily rider. But, it doesn't have the original pedals (1/2"). So, if you have a pair of Sand Jam pedals laying around collecting dust that you want to sell, I'm your man. If you're not familiar with those they are blue on one side, and black on the other. Supposedly one side if for riding on sand, the other side for anywhere else. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Unsure what year they changed but are you looking or the foam ones or the rubber ones? One side is for riding barefoot. The color varies with the bike... is yours blue? I think I have a few sets in a few different colors.

Thanks for the reply @cheeseroc . After contacting Jamis we think mine is a 91-92 model in a lighter blue color. After doing some searching the bike would have had pedals that were blue (a harder plastic I would guess) on one side, and a black rubber on the other. They would be part of the "Sand Jam" accessory package. But, anything close or just an original Jamis set would be fine if you don't have those. Once again thanks.

Jim,
Concord, NC

The foam ones are always dry and cracked so its hard to find a good vintage set (it's sort of a flip flop like material) but they're very similar to the VP 815.

The rubber ones were made by Wellgo. I'll try and dig out some rubber ones tonight, weather permitting.

Do you need the sandjam tires?

Dave

The foam ones are always dry and cracked so its hard to find a good vintage set (it's sort of a flip flop like material) but they're very similar to the VP 815.

The rubber ones were made by Wellgo. I'll try and dig out some rubber ones tonight, weather permitting.

Do you need the sandjam tires?

Dave

I appreciate the help Dave. Just the pedals will be good. Don't go out of your way, just check whenever you have the time. Weather this time of year is good for working on bikes, but riding not so much. So, it's no big hurry. Thanks bud.

Just out of curiosity how much do you think a set of those sea shell tires would cost?

Folks, I just picked up a mid '80's Jamis Boss "Sand Jam" for my daily rider. But, it doesn't have the original pedals (1/2"). So, if you have a pair of Sand Jam pedals laying around collecting dust that you want to sell, I'm your man. If you're not familiar with those they are blue on one side, and black on the other. Supposedly one side if for riding on sand, the other side for anywhere else. Thank you in advance.

Jim
I have a pair of these!

I could also use a pair.
It's a balmy 50 degrees here on the North Shore of Boston. I got a touch of spring fever and thought I'd get a quick ride in on my Smurf blue Jamis Earth Cruiser (still has the Sand Jam seashell tires). A mile into the ride, one of the pedals came loose and I spilled ball bearings onto the bike path.
It sounds like mine are the Wellgo pedals; hard, light blue plastic on one side and soft for barefoot riding on the other.
Any help is much appreciated!
Thanks

Back