When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some Westfield Columbia bicycle help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe '42? Sweet looking bike. Love to grab that one
image.jpg

Hi, and Thanks,

3-speeder is correct, 1942. But here's a link to a more accurate Westfield serial number listing (I know, I wrote it (-; )

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/westfield-frame-numbers-1933-1945.100743/

I had the owner get back to me with a number. Its J1 -G35983

J1, G35983 was made in January 1942, and was one of the last civillian bicycles before the war. It just predates manufacture of the Military model G519 bikes, based on the same frame.

Very Nice!

Best Regards,

Adrian

View attachment 982758
Or why there are two reflectors under a reflector?
it is common to find the bike lock latched to the seat, I guess the question is, where else would you put it that it won't rattle around or damage the paint. And the two reflectors are filling the two extra holes for a dropstand clip…common Westfield thing to have a kickstand and holes for a clip but no dropstand.

Hi, and Thanks,

3-speeder is correct, 1942. But here's a link to a more accurate Westfield serial number listing (I know, I wrote it (-; )

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/westfield-frame-numbers-1933-1945.100743/

J1, G35983 was made in January 1942, and was one of the last civillian bicycles before the war. It just predates manufacture of the Military model G519 bikes, based on the same frame.

Very Nice!

Best Regards,

Adrian
Great work with the serial number guide! Is there any significance or rarity being a Pope Westfield over any of the other westfield makers of this era?

Great work with the serial number guide! Is there any significance or rarity being a Pope Westfield over any of the other westfield makers of this era?

No, there is no special significance. It may indicate a slightly different parts set up, or perhaps retail in a particular area, it's a bit like 'Badge Engineered' cars in that respect.

It is nice, and I personally think good value. But then I'm biased towards bikes of this particular era (-:

I should add that I am currently updating this list with a couple of hundred more bicycles, and thank you for supplying another example.

The list will be published on CABE when done.

Back