When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some Westfield Columbia bicycle help

-
Try Some electrical contact spray ( I use CRC , QD Electronic Cleaner ) Red can with white labeling . Also-----------corrosion can be a bitch. CLEAN CONTACT IS THE KEY Some switches are easily taken apart............others not easy. I'm always goin' round and round with this kind of stuff. Keep at it..............you will be successful !

IMG_20190214_190840450.jpg

You can find drop stands. Their not cheap. ALSO , yes , different sizes and styles. Search for one that is specific to Westfield/Columbia . Others may work . You will also need the clip. All clips do not fit all stands....................so get the two together if you can. Measure your bike ahead of your search ( Hole behind the "Ears " at rear dropout ) to farthest point back on rear fender . this should get you in the ballpark for "length" Not sure if your should be braced or not. Maybe someone here has one you can see for the style , and measurements. Be patient you will find one. ;) Almost forgot.............What diameter lenze do you need....................I have some spares layin' around . :rolleyes:
Also, is your bike the same as mine, but a 47'? Is yours a special deluxe too? I've seen with tank, without tank. And with a small thin chain guard and the guard I have. I'm still trying to make the connection between models

Try Some electrical contact spray ( I use CRC , QD Electronic Cleaner ) Red can with white labeling . Also-----------corrosion can be a bitch. CLEAN CONTACT IS THE KEY Some switches are easily taken apart............others not easy. I'm always goin' round and round with this kind of stuff. Keep at it..............you will be successful !

View attachment 984299
Yeah! I've got some crc electronic cleaner. Why didnt I think to use it. If that fails I'll try to carefully take the switch apart to brush the contacts. It looks like, if you bend the metal pins back the back of the switch should come off

Also, is your bike the same as mine, but a 47'? Is yours a special deluxe too? I've seen with tank, without tank. And with a small thin chain guard and the guard I have. I'm still trying to make the connection between models
Our bikes are similar , but not the same. Yours is Pre War -----------Mine is Post War I have NO ears for a drop Stand Yours does have 'em I don't know which model mine is . The only markings are on the headbadge .

You can find drop stands. Their not cheap. ALSO , yes , different sizes and styles. Search for one that is specific to Westfield/Columbia . Others may work . You will also need the clip. All clips do not fit all stands....................so get the two together if you can. Measure your bike ahead of your search ( Hole behind the "Ears " at rear dropout ) to farthest point back on rear fender . this should get you in the ballpark for "length" Not sure if your should be braced or not. Maybe someone here has one you can see for the style , and measurements. Be patient you will find one. ;) Almost forgot.............What diameter lenze do you need....................I have some spares layin' around . :rolleyes:
Just now getting back to you about the lense size. Looks like the opening is 1-5/8"

I would be on that like stink on a yeti at $300! I don't recall seeing that color on a boys bike before. :cool: Looks to be in great shape! Earlier Westfield built bikes had the coolest chainguards and that one is one of my faves. They ride good too!;)
Unless you have one with a bent crank like mine. I have a replacement crank, but have'nt gotten to replace it yet
The bike still rides just not that great. Ride On. Razin.

it is common to find the bike lock latched to the seat, I guess the question is, where else would you put it that it won't rattle around or damage the paint. And the two reflectors are filling the two extra holes for a dropstand clip…common Westfield thing to have a kickstand and holes for a clip but no dropstand.
Interesting. I think my Rambler has the same two holes for the drop stand clip. Thanks for the info. Razin.

Back