When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need tire advice

-
I have just purchased a Monark Super Deluxe that has been restored. The gentleman I purchased it from said it was "around" a 1945. I can't find a Serial Number on it, any suggestions as to where to look? Also the tires are Lenda 25 C 2.125. The whitewall part of the tire is very small and I would like to buy more of a balloon tire that has a bigger whitewall, more of a Vintage Bike look. What tire would you recommend, what size? The metal part of the seat has been chromed and looks good but the actual seat part has been re-covered and doesn't look too good, looks like a cheap vinyl, any recommendations on how to improve the seat? Thank you in advance.
The best wide whites that I've found are the Columbia Superb 26x2.125 tires that can be found @elginbluebird on fleebay. Their a brick tread pattern and I have bought several sets of these tiers and highly recommend them. These tires really pop on the old Ballooners. Good luck. Mark.

The best wide whites that I've found are the Columbia Superb 26x2.125 tires that can be found @elginbluebird on fleebay. Their a brick tread pattern and I have bought several sets of these tiers and highly recommend them. These tires really pop on the old Ballooners. Good luck. Mark.
Thanks for the recommendation! Have a wonderful weekend. Ron

Back