When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need to build new wheel for my Bendix 2-speed Kickback hub (blue band)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
the blue band is overdrive, yellow and red are underdrive.
if you want a quality 2spd overdrive kickback hub find a sachs duomatic, they make bendix look like toys

You need a kick back hub shell with 3 bands that's either yellow or blue. The red band is a different animal, that hub shell or sprocket wont interchange with the yellow or blue. The hub shells and sprockets show up every now and then here and on ebay. But like ricobike said, it might be easier to get a yellow built wheel and sell yours. Or you could swap the sprocket and driver.

Heres a funny fact, there really isn't a lot of difference in gearing between the yellow and blue. Its like 1 tooth. Yes it is an overdrive but it has a 20 tooth sprocket and the yellow has an 18. If you could get a 17 for the yellow it'd be the same thing.

Something else about the kickbacks, they growl! The yellow and red growl in low and the blue in high. Much as I like these hubs I don't want to listen to the growl. Myself I'd rather have a yellow and tool around in high gear having low gear for when I need it on a hill.

To further clarify (I hope), the bands are apparently just paint.

If you have the critical blue band parts in the hub, you have an overdrive or higher than direct gear. You also have a 20 tooth rear cog.

If you have the critical yellow band parts in the hub you have an under drive or a lower than direct gear. You also have an 18 tooth (or maybe a rare 19 tooth) cog.

Back