When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to ID this frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bleedingfingers

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking to Id this frame has vertical and horizontal badge holes came with a vertical badge but does not line up right and holes are crooked and don't line up with each other .
Horizontal holes look good but were painted over by bad repaint .
Chain stays bottom bracket shell and head tube all had traces of orange paint after chemical stripping .
Forks are nickel plated with raised rib down the sides
Not going to tell what the badge is that came with it might bias the answer to my question but it does not fit right anyway
serial number is E18XXX
IMG_8772.jpeg

IMG_8773.jpeg
IMG_8775.jpeg
IMG_8776.jpeg
IMG_8778.jpeg

Nice! the dropouts and collared lug look Westfield. That gives endless possibilities for badging, is there any ghost of the original badge?

I recall in the last few months there was a discussion about the ribbed forks. good luck with the search for origins.

The frame looks very teens Westfield to me. Almost like the Indian frame but not quite. Maybe be Columbia? .....And yes the fork looks ranger to me....but not sure...
40630953-7637-453C-BB7A-12F2B25D2CBC.jpeg

A22ADE37-C266-418D-9781-C298DCB19530.png

Forks look just like 1922 Ranger but then you have the collared lug .
Goldenindian's photos have different seat stays that are lugged .
Also the Columbia rear toe piece is very similar but not the same
Will see if I can find a picture of a 1927-E Columbia

I think you guys are hitten it pretty good saw pics of a couple of Popes Columbia and Westfield frame is dead on drop outs and everything matches except forks .
As for size its at the powder coaters right now but didn't these things just come in 2 sizes regular and tall .
This one would be the regular with the short head tube .

I'm going to spill the beans now on the head badge it came with It is a Hibbard badge but the badge hangs too low on the head tube and the holes are crooked and you could not even get the bottom screw to line up .
The bottom of the badge goes halfway down the bottom bearing so too big .

The horizontal holes look perfect for a Columbia or Pope badge
Can not find a picture of one with that fork though.

Still can't find a picture of a Westfield with the fork I have .
Also I know some Hibbards had orange trim but not on the chain stays or bottom bracket shell like this bike had .
Have seen a picture on here of a 1928 Westfield built Miami that is orange but did not have the fork .
Also Archie Sturmer can you tell me what size bearings should be in the headset they are an odd size also are they in cages or loose the bottom bracket also takes an odd size but I have them .

Back