When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to identify model. Traveler?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Those are tough fenders to find in good condition. The stainless ones are almost always damaged. The alloy Schwinn used is very thin and brittle. Very fragile compared to regular steel. Dent easily and crack just as quickly.
The fender on E-bay has some large issues. Unless you are skilled in straightening stainless you might curse the day you bought it. Why not just find some early plain steel ones and give them the same finish as the rest of the bike? They are out there. Would look cool with everything matching!
Does any body know where I can find a part#’s for the fenders. I’m finding some on eBay but won’t to make sure it’s the tight one for a Racer or even a World or a Traveler since I’m told they should be the same.

Does any body know where I can find a part#’s for the fenders. I’m finding some on eBay but won’t to make sure it’s the tight one for a Racer or even a World or a Traveler since I’m told they should be the same.
No numbers after all this time. Schwinn 26" lightweight fenders. Fronts are all the same size. Only difference is the fin or no fin. Rears are all the same except for location of the riveted on bracket.
One fits 19" frame. The other fits 21 or 23" frames. Should be a number on the fender tab that mounts next to the bottom bracket for the frame size.

Last edited:
No numbers after all this time. Schwinn 26" lightweight fenders. Fronts are all the same size. Only difference is the fin or no fin. Rears are all the same except for location of the riveted on bracket.
One fits 19" frame. The other fits 21 or 23" frames. Should be a number on the tab that mounts next to the bottom bracket for the frame size.
How do I check to know what frame size I have on my woman’s bike?

I believe you have a '56 women's Racer. If I remember right, the Traveler had tubular forks through '56. At some point they changed to blade forks, but I think '56 was still tube forks. All lightweight bikes of the '50s came with a "peaked" front fender. Take a look at my '56 Racer to get an idea of what yours would have looked like (other than the front basket). They came in both 3 and single speeds, so yours could have been either. With the condition of your bike, it will be impossible to tell what it was originally. If you are wanting to restore it to the original look, I don't think those decals are available as reproductions. They are unique to the '56 - '58 Racers.

I believe you have a '56 women's Racer. If I remember right, the Traveler had tubular forks through '56. At some point they changed to blade forks, but I think '56 was still tube forks. All lightweight bikes of the '50s came with a "peaked" front fender. Take a look at my '56 Racer to get an idea of what yours would have looked like (other than the front basket). They came in both 3 and single speeds, so yours could have been either. With the condition of your bike, it will be impossible to tell what it was originally. If you are wanting to restore it to the original look, I don't think those decals are available as reproductions. They are unique to the '56 - '58 Racers.

View attachment 1209517
Thank you for all your help. You and this forum have been very helpful. These fenders are hard to find. I found a NOS chrome front fender that sold for $50. Not sure if the bike is worth the time and money spent finding original fenders or not. I’m the type of person who feels it deserves it original look. Not exactly sure how long it would take for me to find them though. Also if I did find find them and spent around $100 on fenders and then paid for a nice quality paint ( say powder coat) then would I get my investment back if I sold it. I did find a set of NOS fenders that look like they would work but there about 2 1/2” shorter than the originals and the back fender mounts to the rear axle instead of the tab on the back dropouts on the frame. I also would have to drill a hole for the brackets. What do you think? I’ll send a pic.

BEFA1026-1D58-4C16-AC4E-795E49EFB46D.jpeg

F6F83334-2019-4949-9458-23A3698F4488.jpeg

C11C3C79-D95F-4CED-927F-4BFD3394790B.jpeg

1F1C0D03-A5D5-449B-88DC-3B83C1EDF527.jpeg

A4B9C7E5-D7A5-4BFF-8342-FC338C788AAD.png

93189B61-8362-4CC5-858D-F2206849F334.png

Back