When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Western Flyer serial number info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Springer Tom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have or know where to go for a Western Flyer serial number chart? Any info would be appreciated.Thanks Tom

Western Flyers were sold by Western Autos but manufactured by several different companies; the serial numbers will follow those manufacturers and some have been decoded while others have not. Post pictures of the bike and someone here will be able to identify it and at least ballpark the date.

The serial number is B 88xxx 526 or G for the last digit,not sure.I'm guessing the headlight isn't original because it has it's own batteries instead of the wire coming from the tank and it's blue on the inside . Any info will be greatly appreciated as always, thanks Tom Marsh

Attachments

• frame and Wester&#110.jpg
    frame and Wester&#110.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 600
    147.2 KB · Views: 398
    142.4 KB · Views: 518
    149.6 KB · Views: 385
The serial number suffix is actually 52Cw. with the small w in the mouth of the C. Between 1952 and 1956 AMF/Cleveland Welding serial numbers featured a suffix that begins with the year the bike was manufactured; in this case 1952. I am not an expert on all the variations of the ribbed "TV shaped" headlights but I believe some are self contained and others were powered from the tank.

The serial number is B 88xxx 526 or G for the last digit,not sure.I'm guessing the headlight isn't original because it has it's own batteries instead of the wire coming from the tank and it's blue on the inside . Any info will be greatly appreciated as always, thanks Tom Marsh

thats a nice ride, springer tom... what is that cap looking thing on top of the tank?

It's a directional switch. This babys loaded,headlight,taillight,horn&directionals. Someone even put a mercury switch in it so the taillight works like a brake light! Just picked it ip at Copake and love it.

Back