When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need year, info and value for Elgin

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm certainly no Elgin expert but I disagree with the valuation given above. This is a basic model bike and unfortunately is one of those that is worth a lot more as parts than as a complete bike. I bought a restored Twin 20 for less than $900 so I don't think even with a Strucel or Stromberger restore this would hit 9 bills. I'm thinking a couple hundred tops. A pretty decent original bike that I would service and ride as-is. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

Hi, I'm not sure what you're plans for the bike are but I've been looking for that exact white with red pin stripe front rim for an elgin I've got, any chance you'd be willing to part with it? I could send you a matching wheelset with similar style rims that have been painted red + some cash in trade. I believe that someone replaced just your rear rim, they always matched from the factory. -Chris

Hey, thanks everyone as I appreciate all your input, offers and opinions given. At this point I'll probably clean it up and see how it looks.
Any other comments or opinions on value? Should I consider parting it out?
Thanks again,
Mike

The parting question is like poking a hornets nest around here. As you can see you already have some guys asking about parts. Personally I never part an orignal bike but there are some here that make good coin busting apart original bikes. The bottom line is it is yours so do what you want. Just don't pretend to be doing the hobby a 'favor' by parting--call it like it is-I can make more money by parting than selling the bike whole. BTW-hold the hate mail we've been down this road a lot! V/r Shawn

just in case.... I am not asking Mike to part it out, I am simply trying to make it correct for him so it will be more valuable if he ever decides to sell it....plus I really could use the cross-less bars for one of my own projects. bri.

Whoa, never meant to ruffle any feathers. I dislike parting out anything this old and didn't buy it with that in mind, and besides I don't really need the money. So I'm sorry as I never should have mentioined it...my mistake.
I really LOVE old bikes and was thrilled to pick this one up. I have quite a few vintage Schwinn's, but this is the 1st Elgin I've come across.

Elgin

!941 plus or minus a year or so. Nice bike. Just sold mine. Finding the correct long tank is a bitch. Good luck.

Back