When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needing Information on Raleigh Sprite

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The bike has original Raleigh Sprite twin stripe tires on it. It came with those tires. Same deal, they turn up, but, there are replacement tires that blow them away for actual use. Schwalbe Marathons are good, and you can google Grand Bois bike shop, in Japan, and look at either the standard or extra light version of the Panaracer tires.
A 36 hole AW hub is not rare, Bikesmith likely has a few that are rebuilt in his drawer in Bloomington, MN, and, I can see what I have, but, Mark Stonich (Bikesmith) suggests doing 36 holes front and rear anyway, as he questions how long 40 holes rims will be produced, and you can “future proof” yourself by running 36 front and rear.
Here is a little warning to go with it. You won’t likely get a penny you put into the bike out of it, if and when you sell. If there is anyone who collects or makes a point of riding derailleur English Sport model Raleigh’s, I haven’t met them. Huret anything is fairly lame, and with my club, the bike wouldn’t be welcome at Lake Pepin-you could ride it at the ABCE, but, it would be the only one I’ve seen in more than a decade of riding with that group. They are not sought out or collected by anyone I know.
If it is something YOU want or wanted, feel free. I get a lot of smiles doing stuff for me, but, little ROI.

Ted

E029D9B0-4AF9-44E1-AB61-14263F57D2DC.jpeg

Last edited:
I have seen earlier B tier Tube Industries bicycles, with non rebuildable pedals. Pulled this Uber rare clear lens reflector set out of a 1966 girls Triumph.
Ted

C3302BD3-11AF-4A10-9D98-720EC21B646D.jpeg

The bike has original Raleigh Sprite twin stripe tires on it. It came with those tires. Same deal, they turn up, but, there are replacement tires that blow them away for actual use. Schwalbe Marathons are good, and you can google Grand Bois bike shop, in Japan, and look at either the standard or extra light version of the Panaracer tires.
A 36 hole AW hub is not rare, Bikesmith likely has a few that are rebuilt in his drawer in Bloomington, MN, and, I can see what I have, but, Mark Stonich (Bikesmith) suggests doing 36 holes front and rear anyway, as he questions how long 40 holes rims will be produced, and you can “future proof” yourself by running 36 front and rear.
Here is a little warning to go with it. You won’t likely get a penny you put into the bike out of it, if and when you sell. If there is anyone who collects or makes a point of riding derailleur English Sport model Raleigh’s, I haven’t met them. Huret anything is fairly lame, and with my club, the bike wouldn’t be welcome at Lake Pepin-you could ride it at the ABCE, but, it would be the only one I’ve seen in more than a decade of riding with that group. They are not sought out or collected by anyone I know.
If it is something YOU want or wanted, feel free. I get a lot of smiles doing stuff for me, but, little ROI.

Ted

View attachment 1383386
Thank You.Ted Sounds like you have mastered the craft on Bicycle Building.I was thinking of wheel options maybe using a 3sp SA Hub I’m thinking rear spacing could be 116mm Im not sure of Sturmey Acher dimension.Thank You Again for sharing your knowledg.

40 hole on the back 36 on the front sounds right .
Tires that were on my 71 Superbe's were Gumwall and others I've seen have the 2 thin white stripes .
Those Rims will probably clean up like new with some wd-40 0000 steel wool and some elbow grease .
Wish I would have kept my tall Superbe but only have so much space .

Back