When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needing some assistance on a old bike please:)

-

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's what I have. I'm guessing early 1900s. If your needing more detailed pics I can make sure to get them any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Wanted it for the saddle that I thought was a troxel turns out it's called a laclede??? Saddle is in killer shape. What do you guys think. The badge holes are horizontal if that helps at all:)

This thing will be listed in the for sale section later. Gotta get a few of these bikes out of here! So if there's any interest please let me know.

Isn't it strange that the leather held up so well while the frame rusted? What's up with the seat post? - it looks like some kind of spring suspension deal. I've seen that chainwheel before in a toc Timothy Eaton's Co. Department store ad (Toronto) -likely from a US supplier.

Isn't it strange that the leather held up so well while the frame rusted? What's up with the seat post? - it looks like some kind of spring suspension deal. I've seen that chainwheel before in a toc Timothy Eaton's Co. Department store ad (Toronto) -likely from a US supplier.
The saddle and the grips/bars were most likely swapped out at some point! Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely be looking into it:) the seat post is definitely unique I've never seen it before:/ that's how you adjust the angle of the saddle from what I'm seeing. But once again these along with a lot more are a mystery to me:)

Regarding my Eaton's Department store reference, here is the catalogue pic and another one with the same chainwheel. This doesn't get you any closer to the manufacturer, sorry, but at least you have a year - 1904, plus and minus:
Eaton's1904models.jpg
Eaton's1904Chainwheel.jpg

Back