When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Needing some help for a friend, early Schwinn Paramount info.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

Bicyclelegends

Look Ma, No Hands!
Needing some help for a friend, early Schwinn Paramount info. (NFS so please dont ask)
He wants to know how to date this beautiful bike, he couldn't find a serial number on the bike. It has Campy pedals, Schwinn hubs and crank, B17 Brooks saddle. My thoughts are it wouldn't have a rear caliper brake it would be fix gear. I can get better pics for what ever area you might need close ups of. Thanks for the help.

Ricks Bike Resized_20240402_121943_4038.jpeg

Ricks Bike Resized_20240402_122007_7632.jpeg

Certainly looks consistent with a Paramount between mid-40s to mid-50s. Likely the serial number is/was on the underside of the bottom bracket. Would either be a "P" followed by two or three numbers, or simply three numbers (and if there is no "P", the numbers would be less than the number 599). If the frame was not originally chrome, the numbers may be long gone from the chroming and polishing process. There may be an equivalent number stamped on the fork steerer, evident if you drop the fork (I don't know that the serials with a "P" were stamped on the fork steerer...I have an earlier "A" series frameset that has no number on the fork steerer, while the one I have in the 300's does have the same serial stamped in the steerer). That bike is not pre-WWII, and likely not after 1955-ish (very few Paramounts after the mid-50s have those lugs). There are always limited exceptions (like a three-digit serial on the drive-side rear dropout)....if your friend finds a serial number, please post an update so we can add to the knowledge base.

If you're willing to pull the fork out the serial number may be on the steerer. I restored a Paramount, both were stamped 666- the SN on the frame was on the bottom bracket shell. Awesome, eh?

If you're willing to pull the fork out the serial number may be on the steerer. I restored a Paramount, both were stamped 666- the SN on the frame was on the bottom bracket shell. Awesome, eh?
I remember seeing pics of unrestored coppertone Paramount 666...a bit dicey to ride a bike with that serial number ;) Has it been restored? Pics?

I remember seeing pics of unrestored coppertone Paramount 666...a bit dicey to ride a bike with that serial number ;) Has it been restored? Pics?
Yep, that's the one. The coppertone color was incorrect. Had to replace a seat stay All said, it was a 3-month job (including coffee breaks). I'll look for pics, it's been a long time.

Back