When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nelson, Christy Nelson, Freres Paris, Saddles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

47jchiggins

I live for the CABE
I am looking for some history on the Nelson, Freses Paris, saddle company. I've seen several different names, Christy Nelson, Brown & Christy Nelson but not really coming up with anything good. Any information would be great.
Thanks,
Todd

Hi, Todd,

I couldn't see much either, history wise, though the saddles seem fairly common.

This sale catalogue for old books had a 1925 Catalogue for "NELSON frères, fabricants d'articles de sport" Nelson Brothers, makers of sporting equipment. It gives a general date.

I was just about to give up, and found a little more information when I found these folding chairs made by them too.

2 chaises en fer forgé des frères Nelsons de la marque Bienaise – production de ces 2 exemplaires aux alentours de 1930/40.

Tube et fer forgé – assises en carton riveté sur le cadre

Chaises très rares, en excellent état pour leur âge et point exceptionnel : n’ayant pas subi de modification ni de traitement particulier depuis leur production.

Les frères Nelson, Harry & Franck commencent leur production de chaises et mobilier en 1920 à paris dans le 15e arrondissement. Au début, ils fabriquent divers accessoires (selles, sacoches, etc) avant de se consacrer à la fabrication de chaises de bureau et d’industrie. Le succès arrive dans les années 30 et leur activité est ensuite acquise par la société et marque Bienaise. Entre 1930 et 1970, date de la fermeture de l’activité, une quinzaine de modèles différents vont être crée.

2 wrought iron chairs by the Nelson brothers of the 'Bienaise' brand - the production of these 2 examples was around 1930/40.

Tube and wrought iron - cardboard seating riveted to the frame

The chairs very rare, in excellent condition for their age and exceptional: having not undergone modification or special treatment since their production.

The Nelson brothers, Harry & Franck begin their production of chairs and furniture in 1920 in Paris in the 15th Arrondissement. At first, they made various accessories (saddles, saddlebags, etc.) before devoting themselves to the manufacture of office chairs and industry. Success came in the 30's and their business was then acquired by the company and brand Bienaise. Between 1930 and 1970, the date of closure of the business, about fifteen different models were created.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back