When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Net Skirt Guards for Ladies Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've been poking around German bike sites and slowly improving my technical German vocabulary. It seems that nice, colorful macrame skirt guards are still available on eBay.de. Your US eBay ID will log you in, but there are a lot of sellers that won't ship to the US. Just use the google "translate this page" feature to get the gist of the listing and shipping details. Use search terms like:
Kleiderschutz -"clothes protection"
rockschutz -"rock protection"
and
fahrradnetz - "bicycle net"
and add either "oldtimer", a common German term for any old bicycle or "DDR"- East Germany made a lot of old looking stuff until the end, and a lot of it is still around. These search terms will bring up a lot of modern elastic cord and plastic guards, but adding oldtimer or DDR will minimize that. Hopefully this will help someone, and these nets look so much better than just lacing string between the axle and the fender holes! Here is a picture of a typical piece:
fahrradnetz_zpsad0s9fly.jpg

Last edited:
Back