When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never look a gift Schwinn in the mouth...

-
Tank black inserts.JPG

Tank plugs for Schwinn cantis.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Thanks to Bicyclebones and @Beeler2927 for the chainring!

No horn in the tank, hence the plug and one for Germaine as I prefer a tank on my Hornet, not a hornet in my tank.

Who can paint the light cover properly for me, I am not going to try, I have a Ph.D in Klutz? I want it BLACK with the bezel and ridge in bare metal

I believe a number of us could. Do you have any talented CABE'rs near? V/r Shawn

Shawn, it's 5:38 am here and I don't know, just thought I'd ask :)

Besides that, I also have a straightbar tank with two holes in the bottom, then it needs paint. I'm an industry waiting to happen, no doubt.

The Ford bodyshop doesn't have enough time.

I can do that, but I don't do well with detailed painting.

I could never finish a model car without managing to melt one of the axles with the glue either.

I've had an offer to paint the light cover, have to see how I get it there at the moment, 12 daze until $$$.

Tank You! to my friends at T-N-T Signs here in town who have helped me SO MUCH over the last dozen or so years with vinyl, graphics, and general work on my projects from Tempest on...

I got some much needed help getting the black inserts and Schwinn scripts on the tank for this bike.

And YES, that is a diet Dew you see reflected, not any defects :D

Tank (3).JPG

Tank (4).JPG

Tank and all decals from @bicyclebones

I have some black Krylon Fusion (bonds to plastic and metal without primers etc.) that I can use on the light cover, I don't know if it comes in the red shown in the picture of the original bike. If I can mask and carefully trim the ridge and bezel area I hope I can get this done right.

Back