When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Never look a gift Schwinn in the mouth...

-
Slow going on the posting because I don't always take good shots and there is chrome finish on this that has to be carefully masked. I have most of the left side going QUITE well!

cover left side 1.JPG

painting II (2).JPG

painting II (1).JPG

painting II (4).JPG

This is how I'm going to finish the fender light cover...spray some paint into a plastic container and daub it on to get it as precisely as I can.

This also allows me to work inside out of the cold and will help me with my other projects as well.

detailing brush.JPG

I tried re-masking the bezel and the spine and covered the tail for later then sprayed it quickly and brought it in to sit up out of the way to dry. I might have some petroleum jelly left in the bathroom cupboard, have to look.

Okay, here is the tough part. I've got it up on my stand and, well, I at least have the SEAT on. I should have all the parts together in here and in the bicycle box but I haven't found all of it yet. I don't know where the headlamp assembly is yet. And I don't thing I actually have a CHAIN.

And I have a headache, a real one, not figuratively.

Now where is the CRANK?

Too much stuff in here and I had back pains and a bad cold over the last month.

So here goes. I have to go back and find the instructions I got for putting the fork in.

?:)?

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

I sprayed the other side of the fender light cover and I'll get the small details with the help of a foam brush later on. I second coat there may be necessary.

The Aldi bike stand, while not all the way together, is just peachy!

I may have them done for Christmas after all (although I'm not sure if I had a chain for the Huffy)...

Yes, Danny, that is the Schwinn seat from the 50s Tiger you parted.

Back