When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

''Neverout'' Oil Lamps for the WWI Columbia and Great Western Military Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello Adrian;
It just woudn't be the ancestor of multi-use cantonment military lamp like this WW2 DELTA POWERLIGHT LANTERN .

Regards;
Serge

Last edited:
Hi All,

In case it's of interest, there is an early unmarked Neverout lamp on Ebay US, with the original green paint here:

No connection with seller, etc.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Some are unsavable, but may provide spare parts.

This one is Ebay France (no connection with the seller) and has been heavily butchered, but the price reflects that, and it might be useful for spares?

A previous owner has heavily modified it, including cutting part of the base off to make a clamp.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

Just received another (small) variation on this lamp. All military lamps I've had until now have had fairly thinly applied green paint. On this one, the paint is thicker, and a milky coffee (Café au Lait) brown. It's certainly the original paint, it's surprising how much it can vary.

It's missing the base, does anyone have a lead on a spare (of any colour?)

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi All,

I'm trying to make an effort not to buy these, but this one defeated me because a lot of the early ones not marked USA, and just painted green have had the original paint removed, and the brass polished up.

Also, it's the first military one I've seen which may have it's original bracket.

Well, those are my excuses. (-:

And it's just battered enough to put on my imperfect bike (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

I shouldn't have tempted fate with the photos of the lamp above:

1645184748628.png

PROHIBITED OBJECT
Hello Adrian,

The purchase you recently made under the International Delivery Service with rkm4709 could not be completed.

The object in question has been restricted. This may be due to import or delivery restrictions, or International Delivery Service eligibility requirements. The item will not be sent to you, nor will it be returned to the seller.

Do not worry. You will be fully refunded to the payment method used to purchase the item within 72 hours. We will make two separate refunds: the first for the price of the object and the second for the shipping and import costs. No further action is required on your part.

Well, that's big of them. I especially like the 'No Appeals, and we're doing you a favour' bit.

Oh well. )-:

It's not the first time, though. I had one blocked once before with the double clamp. One of the guys on here (sorry, I forget who) eventually bought it from wherever these get sent for resale, so it's worth keeping an eye out for it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back