When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 46’ Whizzer - Well it’s new to me

-
For a bike that dosen't run, it sure looks pretty sweet!

I was just at a fellows house yesterday buyin an old railroad sign, we got to talking and he showed me his Motorcycle collection....WOW! He had 6 or 7 Bikes in his living room (pan heads, flat heads a few old BMW's) including an old Cushman and a Wizzer, all OG (I think he said 49). Wouldn't let me take photos and said it was not for sale - yet! In his basement he had three trikes (Honda, 60's HD Police Trike and a Sprotster) and a Cushman he was fixing.

The downstairs Cushman was a low end version without sheetmetal (for sale $800.00) while the upstairs version had everything but was not for sale.

I asked him to put my name on both the Wizzer and upstairs Cushman.....we'll see!

I did tell him about our site as he has an old (complete) girls light weight Raleigh with very cool brake levers. Great complete bike...Super nice guy, I hope he joins the site and puts it up for sale....

Bart

Nice that you got that!! Hope the price was fair. I will be getting that WZ from NYC that you had shown me this week. Thanks again for showing me the CL ad!
I will hunt I might have a crank for you if you just pay shipping . If bricycle doesn’t turn one up. I need a og drip stand and HC head for my J motor and I’ll be set!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric, I’m happy I picked this one up. I forgot how cool Whizzers are and it’s great being back in the hobby! I’m glad that the one in NYC work out for you - looks like the perfect donor bike...

Fortunately Joe Cargola hooked me up with a freshly chromed double bent crank - thanks for looking though!
-Connor

For a bike that dosen't run, it sure looks pretty sweet!

I was just at a fellows house yesterday buyin an old railroad sign, we got to talking and he showed me his Motorcycle collection....WOW! He had 6 or 7 Bikes in his living room (pan heads, flat heads a few old BMW's) including an old Cushman and a Wizzer, all OG (I think he said 49). Wouldn't let me take photos and said it was not for sale - yet! In his basement he had three trikes (Honda, 60's HD Police Trike and a Sprotster) and a Cushman he was fixing.

The downstairs Cushman was a low end version without sheetmetal (for sale $800.00) while the upstairs version had everything but was not for sale.

I asked him to put my name on both the Wizzer and upstairs Cushman.....we'll see!

I did tell him about our site as he has an old (complete) girls light weight Raleigh with very cool brake levers. Great complete bike...Super nice guy, I hope he joins the site and puts it up for sale....

Bart

Dang Bart, it sounds like you found the jackpot! It’s cool to hear that people still collect these old things... Hopefully that guy joins and posts some photos.

It looks like mine is going to need a bunch more work, but working on these is pretty fun!
-Connor

Dang Bart, it sounds like you found the jackpot! It’s cool to hear that people still collect these old things... Hopefully that guy joins and posts some photos.

It looks like mine is going to need a bunch more work, but working on these is pretty fun!
-Connor
Yeah, wish I could have got photos but he was a fairly private guy, his girlfriend was a bit surprised he was letting me see them. His Wizzer was cool but no where near as nice as yours!
What does the "average" late 40's early 50's Wizzer go for?
Bart

Yeah, wish I could have got photos but he was a fairly private guy, his girlfriend was a bit surprised he was letting me see them. His Wizzer was cool but no where near as nice as yours!
What does the "average" late 40's early 50's Wizzer go for?
Bart

I’d say a nice running Whizzer is around $1500-$2K and a restored is $3K-$3500...

tell me you didn't dye the saddle....

I just put some leather paint on it to see what it would look like black... It needs to be recovered anyway - it’s all torn up. Just wanted to test the color.
-Connor

I just put some leather paint on it to see what it would look like black... It needs to be recovered anyway - it’s all torn up. Just wanted to test the color.
-Connor
Oh well..... very few OG that color... usually dker brn or black... I woulda maybe traded either. oh well.

Oh well..... very few OG that color... usually dker brn or black... I woulda maybe traded either. oh well.

It wasn’t original, I had been recovered a few years ago. If it was original I would have definitely kept it that way...

Back