When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Addition: Late 1942 Columbia G519

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HUFFMANBILL

Finally riding a big boys bike
100_2681.JPG
100_2683.JPG
100_2690.JPG
100_2684.JPG

This is number 7 in my collection of WWII US Military Bikes. I now have 2 Huffman's and 5 Columbia's as well as several WWII Civilian Defense Bicycles. The above bike is a late 1942 model ( SN: MG100330 ) complete with NOS Bevins military bell, Near mint condition ''Persons'' tool pouch and my own custom made reproduction seat cover to match the pouch.

Regards,
Bill Strong
100_2681.JPG
100_2683.JPG
100_2690.JPG
100_2684.JPG

Last edited:
love the bike!! I was wondering about the grips, I have repro green torpedo, what type is on your bike and is there an early / late type? My bike is a MG48000 serial range Westfield.

thanks

mike

Hi Bill,

Nice restoration. (-:

For MG100330 I guess that the crank tube is also stamped J10?

Best Regards,

Adrian

love the bike!! I was wondering about the grips, I have repro green torpedo, what type is on your bike and is there an early / late type? My bike is a MG48000 serial range Westfield.

thanks

mike
It seems to be generally accepted that at least some of the 1942 model Columbia and Huffman bikes used the black coke bottle grips especially the early curved bar Columbia and much rarer curved bar Huffman models. I would guess by the serial number range of MG48000 that your Columbia has a curved neck to bottom bracket bar. As the war progressed esp. from 1943 on you would mostly see the OD Torpedo style grips. I use original torpedo style OD grips on my 1943 and later Columbia and Huffman Military bikes.

Regards,
Bill

Back