When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New addition

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
7DFFD0E9-3835-469F-905C-F41C515DB1FB.jpeg
461918C4-A3C1-44AC-8E0C-5E5B325DCE94.jpeg
4975CBFF-1329-4648-AC7D-A09D10E2B92F.jpeg
BAF09C10-4D86-4C70-BAC3-28A05A56D277.jpeg
BE0B6FAF-F24D-4D32-98F8-4C1FADC77A07.jpeg
5510D84B-CAEE-4EA6-B459-15937DE76158.jpeg
I had to inquire about a bike I’d been thinking about for some time, and I was lucky enough to become the new owner of this 53 Schwinn New World. I love the condition of the paint and graphics. I’ve already straightened the bars and stem, now need to straighten the fork blades. There was some question about this flat blade fork as to was it original to the bike in the previous thread. I firmly believe that the paint and darts/stripes are original,but would like some input from the Lightweight guys. I’m looking forward to getting this one back to its former glory! This is my second 53.
@Schwinn499 @Eric Amlie @SirMike1983

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/vintage-orignal-schwinn-world.123958/

1953 seems early to me for the flat blade fork. The World in the 1955 catalog (at the Waterford website: http://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/flschwinn_1951_1960/1955_23.html) still lists a "Schwinn tubular" fork.

The paint on that fork is a really nice match. Perhaps it was a slightly later replacement gotten from a shop(?) It would match and fade with the bike if the swap was done at a shop right after they adopted the flat blade. The torpedo-top tubular forks are on the fragile side - they have pretty small blades.

It's not impossible that it would be original because oddball bikes are always turning up, but it just seems early for flat blades to me.

Wow! That's in really nice condition. Congrats on scoring it.
It looks very similar to a couple of same vintage Schwinn Varsities that I have(I haven't taken pics of them yet, unfortunately).

Wow! That's in really nice condition. Congrats on scoring it.
It looks very similar to a couple of same vintage Schwinn Varsities that I have(I haven't taken pics of them yet, unfortunately).
Wow, like to see those when you do take the pics.

Here's a 52 girls 24" I found, the only thing not as found is one grip and tires. This one has the same paint scheme and darts on the fork blades. Hope this helps in your quest. Wish it was a 26" in this condition.
20180603_185848_resized-1-jpg.jpg

Back