When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Article Published "Light & Legendary: VITUS 979"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kohl57

On Training Wheels
I have recently published a new article on my “On the Drops” blog:

LIGHT & LEGENDARY: VITUS 979

https://on-the-drops.blogspot.com/2016/ ... s-979.html

This is actually a complete re-write and expansion of my original article on the Peugeot PX-10DU to include the whole story of the Vitus 979, its origins, development, design, manufacture, professional team use and commercial models.

The Vitus 979, in production from 1979-1997, was one of the most successful racing bicycles ever with more than 145,000 built and often tete de la course in the professional peloton from 1980-1988. Perhaps best associated with Sean Kelly, Peugeot’s “Foreign Legion” and the Colombians, it figured prominently in the internationalization of Continental cycling during the decade.

As always, corrections, suggestions and additions of photos and information are welcome.

Peter Kohler
Washington, DC USA

1-Vitus 979 article cover.jpg

Greetings Peter,
I read your article earlier this year and was thoroughly impressed by the painstaking lengths you have gone to in order to document this transitional period in bicycle construction.
Thank you so much for writing this!
Kind regards,
Steve

P.S. I have read most if not all of your other articles and loved those as well!

Back