When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New bike day

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

scooter_trasher

Finally riding a big boys bike
Road trip tomorrow , to pick up these swell paperboy baskets, as with most of the parts I buy ,they come with a bike attached
kind of a neet chain ring, anyone want to guess , maybe CWC ?
38825287_10155398424981852_4628132500470759424_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks , I'm so geeked original showroom rust, matching short & long ,red and black fenders, mirrors, streamers and tires that come with air!
My friends think it's ugly, gold finger :)

Last edited:
Does the seat post clamp have a rib in the middle ? if so its 1948 to 1953! nice find narrow tank 3 gill ( cwc ) did the previous rider walk thru pep boys w/ a magnet ? just kidding ! enjoy...Richard....

Wont see it up close till I can make the road trip tomorrow, seller listed it as a forties bike, looks about right.

I bought a DP Harris built Ben Hur a few years ago, that some people argued, til they were blue in the face had the wrong forks untill I found it in a 1938 catalogue :)
rmd01.jpg
38825287_10155398424981852_4628132500470759424_n.jpg

I think both these frames and front sprocket are CWC
This fresh "Basket Bike" looks like it has a Schwinn fork; but they look pretty close other than paint dart remnants.
I also thought D.P. Harris bikes and Rollfast all were "Snyder" Built in N.Y.

One thing I've found is the 5/8 seat post is allways cwc...and the paper boy bike fork is correct...hope this helps ? Richard...

View attachment 850519View attachment 850520

I think both these frames and front sprocket are CWC
This fresh "Basket Bike" looks like it has a Schwinn fork; but they look pretty close other than paint dart remnants.
I also thought D.P. Harris bikes and Rollfast all were "Snyder" Built in N.Y.
Yep HP Snyder built it DP Harris distributed it , and VanDecamp wholesaled it to hardware stores , my point is don't jump to conclusions that parts are wrong,for instance a lot of parts got used in the late thirties due to buyouts that wouldn't normally go on a brand.

Back