When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New bike day

-
Got it in the stand to look at the numbers, kickstand is like none I've seen , but I'm no expert, looks kinda like a Schwinn mechanism in a bolt on form, no ridge on seatpost clamp, I'll have some research to do :)

CWC bottom bracket.JPG

kickstand.JPG

seatpost clamp.JPG

Yep HP Snyder built it DP Harris distributed it
I have heard this before; and Rollfast.
This frame is CWC built; made Roadmaster and many other "Brands" as well.
There are some similar features in both manufacturers; but Snyder BB always looks the same from what I've seen.
I also am not an expert.
Postwar B serial but others will nail it closer.
CWC bottom bracket.jpg

Yup they're not the same , my Snyder built is in the garage,the chain stays on the CWC are a give away,important things now ,puppy sitting :)

winnie the pup.JPG

I hear you on the paint, but even at that, that doesn't make the forks an incorrect part,I don't believe Schwinn ,or any other bicycle builder had their own forging plant, and they could have very well sourced from the same supplier,it is pretty obvious the fenders didn't come on the bike either, being that it's blue & white and the fenders are black and red, I'll check for a part number and if it is an exclusive Schwinn forging, maybe I'll use it on one of my Schwinns and put the Monark springer I have on it :)

Who is your good looking , 4 legged friend? I've seen that kick stand on some monarks ?

Yes its post war and how about that seat post clamp? has a rib? the right side rear drop out has a extra hole for the later chain guard correct?

I don't know much about them , I'm getting feedback on the serial number thread , that it's likely a 43 , based on serial number & pics, if it is it will be a rare bird , they were only allowed to make bikes for their factory personal use & prototypes after Sept 42, suposadly they started post war production with D series serial numbers, it does have a transitional frame, partly brazed, partly welded, no rib seat-post clamp, no holes in head tube for headbadge, haven't taken the basket off to check the dropouts, was busy drinking beer and watching my pal clean the 61 Huffy Western Flyer I let him get for a case of beer , that he drank most of :)

Last edited:
Back