When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
oh, and if you decide to take apart and rebuild your springer, patience is a virtue. In my experience, they suck to put back together.
I was wondering about that. I don't want to start something I cannot finish, but I'll be sure to take time... take pictures... don't break anything!!!

oh, and if you decide to take apart and rebuild your springer, patience is a virtue. In my experience, they suck to put back together.
I also need a rear wheel and chain.... I was going to see if the wheels from my beach cruisers fit. Will the Roadmaster accept the standard 26" rims that are on my Schwinns? Chain???

Thank you!!! Do you know if yours had that tubular fender bridge? The paint scheme on my chain guard is the same as this '41, but they could have been on multiple years too
1668292044559.jpeg

Just came home with this 194X(?) Roadmaster. The seller seemed to think it was a 1941 but as I research I am finding shared characteristics in both the pre and post war models. There seems to be some ambiguity with serial numbers and features with exceptions to every rule. This has pre-war fender bridge.... post-war seat binder.... no drop stand ears indicating a post-war with the exception of 1940-1941.... It is in rough shape, but I look forward to the "restoration" challenge. I've previously insulted enthusiasts in here by using the word "restoration" too loosely and was promptly corrected on my use of semantics. Revival? Fixer-Upper?

View attachment 1730621View attachment 1730622View attachment 1730623View attachment 1730624View attachment 1730629
Patina rider?

Nice project! From your pictures, it looks like the front wheel has heavy-duty spokes and there are cut-aways in the rear fender for a drive belt. Possibly built to take a Whizzer motor?
I was wondering about that cutaway because I was comparing the front to the rear. I may have to chop the rear due to rust on the end, but was considering relocating the front to rear when I noticed them

Nice project! From your pictures, it looks like the front wheel has heavy-duty spokes and there are cut-aways in the rear fender for a drive belt. Possibly built to take a Whizzer motor?
Perhaps is why the rear wheel is missing. A previous owner might have swapped it out for the whizzer components on another bike????

Wow, just noticed that notched fender, any extra dogleg in the crank to clear the motor, marks from motor mounts?, someone swapped the sprocket to 1/2 in so maybe the crank also. factory CWC whizzer frames had a offset in the chain stays and/or flat spots to clear the belt.

Back