When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Columbia Collectables

-

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Here is 3 of my most recent Columbia collectables. The first is a compass dated 1892. Possibly from the Columbian Exposition of 1892? I've never seen another. It has a grain to the material, possibly made of bone? If anyone has information on it please let me know.

compass1.jpg

compass2.jpg

compass3.jpg

The next is a Columbia desk calendar from 1902. From ads I've seen they were made for several years. This is unused and complete with the frame never having been opened to stand up on a desk.

calendar1.jpg

calendar2.jpg

calendar3.jpg

The third is a tin box. I am dubious of the vintage of this piece. From the style it should be pre-1900 but it may be a later collectable item. Any ideas would be helpful. The size is approximately 6 1/2" tall by 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".

tinbox1.jpg

tinbox1.jpg

The compass looks like it might be celluloid.
That calendar is great! I propose you post a pic of a "quote a day"...neat stuff there
thumbsupa1.gif

Very cool stuff!
Thanks, for sharing. The old Martin guitars used a product they called Ivoroid, that was a celluloid based product made to look like Ivory.

Back