When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found New Departure 2 Speed (DD)

-

MrAustralia

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi CABE’rs

My bicycle collection is complete (is it though?), however, I am taking one of them to the next level as I plan of riding it to work on a daily basis.

The updates for the bike include a New Departure WD (front brake) which I have in stock. But I would also like to grab a New Departure (DD) 2 Speed for those pesky inclines.

So does anyone out there have one that they are willing to see to me for a good price?

Now I must mention, since reading a post on here about buying items and selling the again immediately for a profit, I must declare:
  • I will be purchasing this item for my use only
  • I will not resell this item for a profit
  • I can provide photos of the item installed to the seller if required
I am really just looking at improving one of my bikes for a little added comfort and to illustrate the technology of that era.

Thanks in advance!

MrA

1550034075256.png

Hi CABE’rs

My bicycle collection is complete (is it though?), however, I am taking one of them to the next level as I plan of riding it to work on a daily basis.

The updates for the bike include a New Departure WD (front brake) which I have in stock. But I would also like to grab a New Departure (DD) 2 Speed for those pesky inclines.

So does anyone out there have one that they are willing to see to me for a good price?

Now I must mention, since reading a post on here about buying items and selling the again immediately for a profit, I must declare:
I am really just looking at improving one of my bikes for a little added comfort and to illustrate the technology of that era.

Thanks in advance!

MrA

View attachment 948108

20190223_145508_001.jpg

20190223_145520_001.jpg

Hi CABE’rs

Thanks in advance!

MrA

View attachment 948108
I hope you find one. They are nice and shift great.

Last edited:
I took another look at the one I told you about yesterday and a few more pics but the brake arm is too rusty to read. 28 tooth sprocket though for what that is worth. I am about 80% sure it is a N D though.

Back