When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found New Departure 2 speed knuckle/actuator shift pivot that threads onto rear axle/LATER STYLE PLEASE

-

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello Cabe people, ( LATER STYLE PLEASE.....The pin is recessed/inside my axle) https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/n...hub-re-chromed-with-new-and-nos-parts.152950/

I need the one part that threads onto the rear axle of a N/D 2 speed that pushes the inner shaft inside the axle/hub. I have all the other parts. The one that came ( repro from a vendor/Cabe member) with the system I bought ( Cabe member who bought from said vendor/sold to me) will not fit/doesn't spin/thread onto the axle. It should easily thread onto the right axle, then the barrel cylinder with cable connects to it. Decent used is fine as it's going on a older bike, but the threads must be clean and tested/tried and true on a N/D type D, or DD axle. The threads are the same. See the part at the end of the axle, top picture, Fig. 1. ( I think this is the early style though)

Thanks, Bob

File6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Cabe people,

I need the one part that threads onto the rear axle of a N/D 2 speed that pushes the inner shaft inside the axle/hub. I have all the other parts. The one that came ( repro from a vendor/Cabe member) with the system I bought ( Cabe member who bought from said vendor/sold to me) will not fit/doesn't spin/thread onto the axle. It should easily thread onto the right axle, then the barrel cylinder with cable connects to it. Decent used is fine as it's going on a older bike, but the threads must be clean and tested/tried and true on a N/D type D, or DD axle. The threads are the same. Thanks, Bob
I think you need the knuckle?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I think you need the knuckle?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Thanks Kevin,

Yup, that's what I need. I put that in the title. It looks kinda like this ( see top picture.), but there are a few types. The one in the photo is a repop and won't thread onto any ND axle 2 speed DD or regular D. I am looking for the later styled in the photo below.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
The actuator shown in the brochure is the early model.
The one you have is the later style. This one is particular looks to be a reproduction sold by Bicyclebones. I have heard that some of them aren’t threaded correctly. Maybe you could reach out to him.

The actuator shown in the brochure is the early model.
The one you have is the later style. This one is particular looks to be a reproduction sold by Bicyclebones. I have heard that some of them aren’t threaded correctly. Maybe you could reach out to him.

Thanks Josh,
I have reached out to both the seller ( who I bought the complete set from https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/n...hub-re-chromed-with-new-and-nos-parts.152950/ ) and Bicyclebones about my dilemma. The seller is going to see if he has an original one this weekend, but he doesn't think he has. Dan ( I just left a message by phone/multiple emails thru Cabe yesterday) says they work, but need to be taken apart? I can't see how that is accomplished? Mine simply doesn't fit. I was offered a replacement for $35.00 but the repro..? I'm hoping to get an original I would buy or a replacement repro N/C from Dan that will fit an axle. The jury is still out. I just want my 2 speed. It's been a long journey. Wrong cog ( my fault), then knuckle....? Jeepers......creepers Batman!!

Last edited:
them actuators are rechromed so the threads need to be cleaned or chased had the same problem!!!
Yeah, who has a tap for N/D threads?. Thanks for sharing in my pain. Ha!! In almost 40 years of cars, bicycles and motorcycles, the chrome in the threads has always been a problem.

Right on. Thanks.
Well, I have an extra, but it's for the old style......sorry.

File6.jpg

IMG_1947.JPG

But you should be able to knock this pin (1) out and remove the piece sticking out (2), it should slide out the back (3) in order to re thread it...I think!

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Back