When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure 2 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RustyK

I live for the CABE
I'd like to pick up a ND 2 speed setup and am curious to know what should the going price be for a complete new departure 2 speed setup be, with hub, and without hub?

Kris

I'm in the same boat. A seller on ebay has them for $450, but I saw a set of wheels (front too with tires), the the 2 speed hub in the rear, shifter, cable and all the little bits got for $250 about a year and a half ago. I still kick myself for not hitting the bid button fast enough. They seem to hover around $350 on here for the hub, shifter, cable, brackets, etc. And sell fairly quickly at that price.

I'm looking at the $450 setups on ebay and I was also thinking it seems like $100 too much. No rush for me, i'll wait. Really don't need the hub either.

I agree 350 is about the going rate. That's why I jumped on the Hawthorne I bought at the swap meet last weekend, mainly for the DD set up. There was a ladies schwinn on the local craigslist that was pretty rough but had a complete 2 speed setup and a locking springer. I would have grabbed it for those parts but someone beat me to it.

I agree 350 is about the going rate. That's why I jumped on the Hawthorne I bought at the swap meet last weekend, mainly for the DD set up. There was a ladies schwinn on the local craigslist that was pretty rough but had a complete 2 speed setup and a locking springer. I would have grabbed it for those parts but someone beat me to it.

That is a sweet bike you picked up

I'm looking at the $450 setups on ebay and I was also thinking it seems like $100 too much. No rush for me, i'll wait. Really don't need the hub either.

I think $450. is too much. And that seller either has 100s of these set ups, or never sells any..... I think he has two of them listed right now.

Replacement cables?

does anyone sell a replacement cable for these? I see bicycle bones has what appears to be the correct one for $75.

$300-$350 is the price range with hub, cable, pulley and shifter. Just the hub I wouldn't pay more than $220 shipped. If you aren't in a rush, monitor the CABE forsale section. They pop up every month. They are usually a lot cheaper than anything on Ebay. Look for the package deals you can't lose with those. A shifter alone goes for $75-$135. A pulley can cost you $45-$85. The cable alone which is hard to find goes for $75-$125. Do the math. I picked up a mint condition hub with the correct cable, shifter and pulley for $300 on the CABE.

does anyone sell a replacement cable for these? I see bicycle bones has what appears to be the correct one for $75.

Don't waste your money on the original cable. I swapped out the end of the crank bell and replaced it with a Shimano 3 speed end. Then I purchased the Shimano 3 speed replacement cable. The L shaped bracket which attaches to the shifter can be purchased at Home Depot. Total cost about $23. You probably have most of the parts you need in your house.

DSCF2715_zps1e18c5bd-1.jpg

AS you can see I already swapped out the parts I needed from the modern Shimano bell crank.
DSCF2712_zpsb2677936-1.jpg

I use this on the shifter with a little grinding or filing you can round down the edges. A touch of paint and you are done.
DWhFQ_zps2f8f52a7-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think $450. is too much. And that seller either has 100s of these set ups, or never sells any..... I think he has two of them listed right now.

I think they aren't selling at that price, actually he has 4 right now.

Back