When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Cabinet info greatly appreciated

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
my guess would be 30's-40's
the CCM cabinets are from the 50's and the construction look similar
it's hard to base the age on the "patina" of these, parts cabinets were made to be heavily used
the drawers of this cabinet were probably opened many times a day with greasy hands, therefore looking older than expected

my guess would be 30's-40's
the CCM cabinets are from the 50's and the construction look similar
it's hard to base the age on the "patina" of these, parts cabinets were made to be heavily used
the drawers of this cabinet were probably opened many times a day with greasy hands, therefore looking older than expected

Thanks. I'd buy 1930s, for sure on the ND.
When I get back to Toronto I'll snap some more detailed photos. Had barely any time with either cabinet before I bolted for the holidays.

Check the joints of the drawers, the style of joints can tell you a lot a out a cabinet. Mortised, dove tail, doweled?.

The drawers as well as the cabinet use rabbet joints with nail fasteners. not sure if the rabbets are glued as well. Will get a close look to spot some squeezeout.

Back