When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure D lubrication

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
Got my ND model D clean and ready for assembly and lubrication. I read to use grease on the bearings and 30w oil on the discs. Then once assembled to add the oil thru the filler cup which I’m guessing will lubricate the inside shell walls and the rest of the parts or do I add a very thin layer of grease on them first?

When I rebuild mine I burnish both sides of the discs with 400 then 800 and I use a small watercolor brush and apply 30wt to each side as I stack them. This helps to keep them lined up so they are easier to get back in the hub. I also brush the tab slots. If there's too much oil it will leak out of the side of hub. So far so good...

I put a thin layer of grease (REALLY thin) on everything except the discs just to make sure nothing remains dry so nothing cant rust. I'm pretty sure it's unnecessary. The oil gets everywhere.

Done. Rides super smooth and stops quietly on a dime. Greased the bearings and used 30w automotive oil on the discs and rest of the parts. After assembly added 30w oil in the filler plug and spun the coaster hub. Went for a quick ride around the block to test things out and it’s better than new.

Back