When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure disk

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kickstand3

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Iv rebuilt quite a few of these the one thing that confuses me is how many disk ? Different count !
What am I missing
How many should it have?
5f8f63cadea5f5f6e1b38bf0a62fc447.jpg

This is the one I’m building now
All help is appreciated
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Based on your picture, you're missing one of the style on the left. You there should always be one more of those than the ones with the tabs.
You start and end your stack with the ones on the left.

I think some hubs do have different disk counts, disks in some hubs seem thicker than disks in other hubs.

I think some hubs do have different disk counts, disks in some hubs seem thicker than disks in other hubs.

Exactly so - it's better to go off of the stack measurement as FordMike suggests than a set number of discs. Some hubs have a thicker, heavy-duty type disc, while others have thinner discs.

I've sometimes had to use one without tabs behind the brakearm to take up some lose slack. Made the arm stiffer & more solid

I had one with the same configuration as yours, one of the steel ones were missing. Puzzled me, but when I found another to put with it the stack was 3/4 inch so I figured someone must have lost one when servicing.

Back