When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Model A Exploded View

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This view helped me out a lot! I was really nervous about tearing into my hub, but it was a breeze with this picture. They truly are simple. I found that someone had put in an incorrect bearing retainer in my hub at some point in its life (too large of a diameter that rested in the brake area). This likely resulted in the wheel being hung up, which in turn, preserved the hub! I found a suitable bearing retainer at my local IBD, & the hub & brake are better than I could have imagined possible. One observation... The use of "hub shiners" on old hubs seems to backfire as the nickel plating is great on the whole hub, except where the leather hub shiner wore off the plating... Thanks for this post!!!

Right, on the shiners observation, I had a '56 corvette 3 speed that had a 'shiner' on it when I got it - there was no plating left on that area...............

ND model A brake clutch

Dear Kakeeater or anyone else w/a ND model A coaster brake,
Referring to the thread "Model A Exploded View" on 06-07-2010, one of the 3 disc brake engager "posts" on my model A brake clutch (paart A6) is slightly different than the other 2 posts. It has a small 1/16" wide x 1/4" long bevel starting at the end on one of the inner corners of the post. Is yours that way too and if so which of the 3 brake discs should that post be engaging?
Marty Potts

Last edited:
Exploded View

I remember this photo - I used it recently with my 7-year old daughter who helped me rebuild mine. Thanks ... 4 years later!

Back