When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Model A Rollfast hub repair Sleeve

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gkeep

I live for the CABE
Hello All ND Model A Riders,

Thanks to Geosbike I as able to install a hub repair sleeve in my ND Model A hub. This neat fix seems to have substantially increased the brake reaction and results. Cleaned up the sleeve with some bronze wool and found Rollfast and the patent date hiding under some patina.
20180203_165315_resized.jpg

And at the suggestion of Carlitos while I had everything apart I wiped the grease off the clutch, driver and transfer sleeve and wiped on a light coat of light weight oil. I figured since it was early 20th century parts it deserved some antique early 20th century Singer Sewing Machine oil.
20180203_170525_resized.jpg

20180203_170659_resized.jpg

One question I had was do I slip the sleeve in with the flange on the outside or inside? It seemed to sit best with the flange against the race, but if someone has a better take on this please chime in.
20180203_170603_resized.jpg

By the time I put it back together I was running out of light but I did a little riding up and down the block. The brake reaction was much faster and no backpedal movement. It's like a whole new hub. There is some noise and at one point it seemed to want to lock up after I stopped. Tomorrow I'll put a few miles on it and see how it goes.

Any suggestions or input always welcome! Couldn't have done this without the parts and advice from all the great people here.

I wish I could replace a few of my moving parts so easily...

Gary

Back