When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Departure Model CC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinsBikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Is a Model CC heavy duty compared to the Model C? The brake discs are extremely thick compared to a Model D

80f81517719fb78ab94f7fa1cda6311d.jpg

166363a4e37ef7615a01716ad7712e2d.jpg

68ca90fd17c7fefc9d3a5946d7f658fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess by extremely, I mean 1.6 mm vs 1.2 standard model D, but I guess this was normal.

503cb329a54fb14e68f157e4396b380e.jpg

Last edited:
Fewer brake discs (due to increased disc thickness) translates into less brake friction (surface area times number of discs) and consequently reduced brake performance. I may be incorrect but it seems to me this hub may have been used for applications where not as much brake performance was required. Possibly juvenile bikes? It would be interesting to know what New Departure had intended this CC hub for.

Fewer brake discs (due to increased disc thickness) translates into less brake friction (surface area times number of discs) and consequently reduced brake performance. I may be incorrect but it seems to me this hub may have been used for applications where not as much brake performance was required. Possibly juvenile bikes? It would be interesting to know what New Departure had intended this CC hub for.

It’s possible. Some people mentioned that a Model C has less discs anyway. My guess is that someone took a shell off a Model CC and used it for a Model C. There is one post here of a Model CC found on a sidewalk bike, no other mention. I think they were short production 1929-30.

Back